E30 Tape Player

88 325 is

I haven't use the tape player for a while.

I put in a new tape yesterday and I could hear the player clicking for a while
and then stopped.

None of the tape controls work:  eject, fast reverse, fast forward or change
sides.

I was able to get the tape out by working a business card under the tape, then
pulling out.
The tape was at the start point and seems to be free in the cassette.

The player still thinks there is a tape in and the radio won't work.

I tried the tape cleaning cartridge but got the same effect.

Any ideas on how I can get the radio to working again?

Thanks

George Barrowcliff,
Amerisource Bergen Corporation
Distribution Services