Re: E30 Tape Player

The cassette decks that I have messed with all have some sort of plate that
gets pressed down by you inserting the cassette.  Take a look at a
functioning deck to see what I mean.  Then look inside your deck with a
flashlight.  This plate is probably stuck.  I would shove a tongue depressor
or something non-metallic in there and try to lift it up.  The amount of
force you use depends on how badly you want to use the tape player following
the procedure.  By the sounds of it, your deck is probably seized from
non-use so if you break it and only have a radio, no biggie.