Re: bmw-digest V9 #2030

Rick,
Don't know about your model, specifically.  But the OBC lights on my son's car were out when we bought it.  I found
directions on a bulletin board for removing the light module and soldering in new bulbs.  I did this and they lasted
about 2 weeks.  Recently I found directions for replacing the incandescent bulbs with LEDs and a single resistor.  I
did this for a cost of around $2.  The display looks great, just as bright as with bulbs.  And hopefully the LEDs will
last forever.  If you would like to see the directions, look at this address:
http://michiel.van.wessem.net/cars/BMW/OBC/backLED/

Kent Williams, '87 325es