<E30> rough running/stalling problem

It is not from personal experience. It is from some of the comments made by
individuals on the web. It was said that the properties of the cleaners
were destructive to the components inside.  I have been searching for the
truth and found no general consensus on this subject. I would not have a
problem with trying a good cleaning assuming, it could be done without
damage. It would be nice to have a smooth idle for a change.

Scott

What leads you to say that "bathing the ICV in WD40 or any other cleaner is
a bad idea"?
BTDT,
alex f
P.S.: What typically clogs the ICV is the same blow by residue that
deposits on the throttle body and the intake boot. If you've noticed any
oily residue on the throttle body or the AFM, chances are your ICV is also
getting some.