Hello, from Germany

Hi, all.

I am a new BMW 520iA owner in Frankfurt, Germany. I am an American who
couldn't resist the BMW allure here in Germany.

I am a longtime BMW motorcycle rider (K75, K1200LT) and when I took my
ride in for winter servicing last month, I listened too closely to the
devil on my shoulder and dropped 30,000 for a April 2001 production
520iA. I took the automatic after driving the manual and enjoying the
hell out of the steptronic shifting.

I have one question that has been bugging me for the last few weeks as I
have surfed the internet seeking information about my new car.

What E# is my car? I see the E39 tossed about quite often, but I found
on the Net that it only refers to the 97-2001 5xx models.

I love the car, but I sure wish it would stop snowing so I could take
out the K1200LT.

By the way, anyone know of a website where I can order the European
version's owner's and technical manuals? This business class stereo and
computer are a true dog to understand in German. :)

Cheers and Merry Christmas,

Jim Rea
Frankfurt, Germany