Hello, from Germany

Jim,

> What E# is my car? I see the E39 tossed about quite often, but I found
> on the Net that it only refers to the 97-2001 5xx models.

I'd assume your car is still an E39.  The website (and page) you went to
might have been made early 2001.  Also, I guess you made a quick typo and
meant that you ordered an April <2002> production 520iA.

> By the way, anyone know of a website where I can order the European
> version's owner's and technical manuals? This business class stereo and
> computer are a true dog to understand in German. :)

If you check the options list (I assume you were shown one), there is an
option code to give you English manuals (my list at home, sorry).

Edwin