Door Seal Problem - 2001 330Ci

Hello,

I have a 2001 330Ci, purchased 6 months ago.

I have had chronic problems with the driver's side door dragging/rubbing on
the black
rubber door seal.  My dealership has replaced the seal twice, but the door
still drags.
Information from BMW NA (and the dealership) indicates that this is a pretty
wide spread problem, and BMW is working on a new seal design.  Unfortunately,
I heard that 4 months ago, and have heard nothing since.

Has anyone on the list experienced this problem, and do you have any info on
the status of the fix??

Thanks in advance.

Dave Barger
"There's always something waiting at the end of the road.
If you're not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out
there in the first place".

BMW - "The Ultimate Driving Machine"