Bought Jag over BMW /Her 95 540ia now for QUICK sale!!!

As Paul Harvey would say, "here's, the, rest of the story" - Thanks to all
you extremely helpful 7 Digest and BMW Digest  readers for your wealth of
knowledge and insight regarding 98-99 540i's and guiding us through this
hellish buying effort.  She ending up settling, very oddly I guess, on a
gorgeous 99 Jaguar XK8 Convertible Blue/Blue Top, ivory interior with 22k
miles at a dealer 2 hours from our home in Mechanicsburg, PA!  Out of left
field my wife all of a sudden wanted to look at XK8's instead of 540ia's, so
we found a 98 at Rosenthal in Tysons Corner,Virginia with 47k miles for
$41,500 and were all set to settle on it, when I started checking around and
found a 99 XK-8 all the way up near Harrisburg with only 22k miles for
$44,900 (talked him down from $49k).  It was the CFO of the car company's
wife's car.  Don't laugh - I thought it would sort of suck too, be a pain to
maintain, and just - not be as great as the awesome 540ia!  I was shocked -
as it is one of the sweetest driving experiences I've ever had.  I spent 40
minutes driving with the top up and down, and I haven't had so much fun
since the first week I owned my first BMW - a 74 2002 just out of college 20
years ago.  The ride, handling,  and 290 hp engine are  amazing, and the
blue exterior /blue top with the chrome (downtown Charlie Brown) wheels make
for an exciting visual treat.  At first I thought it was a chick thing, her
wanting this car - but in blue or black, a guy would feel comfortable
sporting around town in this sexy, excellent handler.  The stereo - oh my!
It's got this Harmon Kardon 240 watt deal that puts my BMW 740i to shame!  I
could go on, but this is a BMW digest, not a Jag digest, and I feel a HUGE
flame coming on.  I REALLY wish I could have talked her into getting the 98
540i with the sport suspension and those wicked 7 spoke sport wheels, but as
a middle age female crisis substitute, this was a great alternative.  Thanks
to all of you for your helpful emails and advice.

Regretfully yours,
Steve Robinson
1995 540ia FOR SALE!!!  282 HP, (New $50k), 69k miles, pampered, garaged,
hers, owned 3 years, green with light silver  (lt grey interior) - gorgeous
combo, Automatic, bought at Tischer Autopark in Silver Spring and serviced
at Excluservice BMW in Rockville Maryland, 6 inch light scratch on passenger
side - too busy to bring to paint shop! (estimate - $200 to fix), otherwise
excellent condition, have original window sticker, receipts, cassette,
heated seats, located in Silver Spring MD, cleaned every week by me, blowing
out the door at $18,000 or best offer takes it.

1995 740i  now the only 4 door in the family
1988 911
1999 Jag XK8 - will be here in one week