re: Bought Jag over BMW /Her 95 540ia now for QUICK sale!!!

> I was shocked - as it is one of the sweetest driving experiences
> I've ever had.  I spent 40 minutes driving with the top up and
> down, and I haven't had so much fun since the first week I owned
> my first BMW - a 74 2002 just out of college 20 years ago.  The
> ride, handling,  and 290 hp engine are amazing.

Interesting; when we were carshopping back in '97-98 for her car, we bought
a 540ia in preference over an XK8.

I found the XK8 a pleasant enough car to drive, but with nothing
particularly exciting about it, it felt like a nice sedan - every bit as
heavy as the 540i - except for the more limited outward visibility and the
lack of a useful back seat.

The one area of the aesthetic experience the 540i can't match is the view
over the front fender curve while standing at the driver's door.

If I want a two-seater I'll get something 1500lb lighter, thanks.

John.