detonation 95 m3

Fellow Bimmers

	I have a question about a '95 M3 2dr 5spd. 100k odm. completely
stock except for funky kelly tires and stereo, question is: when
accelerating from stop 2nd gear top end and 3rd gear low end give lotsa
detonation and pinging when pushed hard also you can feal the torque fall
off as the detonation really gets going, starts at about 45mph and ends
about 70 once the revs get up to about 3500-4000, am I just bogging the
motor, letting it get out of torque range or is something wrong ?, in other
words you can't just floor it in every gear 2nd and 3rd have to be slightly
backed off till the revs get going, thanks all and P.S. I used to think that
the Volkswagen people were really good about car help but everyone here
seems to be extremly helpful, three cheers to everyone on the list. P.P.S. I
also have a set of h+r drop springs (front1.0 rear.75) that came with the
car if any one is interested probably $150 or trade for ? also a zender rear
wing(sorta curved) w/led brake light $150 or trade, painted alpine white,
thanks all.

Cody McCoy
'95 m3 2dr 5sp
mccoyc@domain.elided