RE: BMW's biggest quality problem: Alternate Opinion

I own 3 BMW's (97, 91, 86) and my experience does not agree with this
observation. My experience is that BMW dealerships are run by independent
businessmen or women and as such each is run differently. I have had
experiences that span both ends of the spectrum from fantastic service well
beyond the call of duty to at best fair service done by trainee's and
charged full rates for many mistakes.
If BMW has a problem in my opinion it would be with the consistency of the
service received from dealership to dealership. I am not saying that
standardization would be the solution but some level of acceptable service
would help. We have all been asked for a rating of 100% from some dealers
and some of us have given in to this because the next dealer is 75 mile away
and you are stuck.
Maybe I have been lucky but I have always been treated very well by the
dealerships and they have tried to solve my problems with their best effort
every time, even those that had trainee's working on the car.
By the way I do most of my own work because I enjoy doing so but my M-3 sees
the dealer from time to time.
YMMV
Brad Purvis