RE: E28 gas hose leak near injector rail

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 at  16:35:19, Aaron Lung wrote:

>My 88 528e has sprung a tiny gasoline leak near cylinder #6.

Rubber hoses are consumables. They should be replaced every 10 years.

>Question is:  are the rubber hoses preformed,  special order parts or can I
use any kind of
>standard gas hose from the local part store?

Use only BMW factory fuel line. It's available by the meter from the dealer
or any of several mail-order houses. You can't trust the stuff from the
local part store to stand the pressure of a fuel injection system. It comes
in two sizes, make sure you get the right one.

>I also had problems with strong gas smell out in the trunk whenever I drive
with a full tank.

A common problem on older Bimmers. The ends dry out and crack first.

Bob Kegel
'70 2002
'85 635 CSi
BMW CCA