E28 gas hose leak near injector rail

Any one have problems with leaking gas hoses?

My 88 528e has sprung a tiny gasoline leak near cylinder
#6.  I assume the leak is from the rubber gas hose
connection to the injector rail.  THe hose that is
attached to it runs parallel and makes a sharp
right-angle turn connecting into the rail just above #6

Question is:  are the rubber hoses preformed,
special order parts or can I use any kind of
standard gas hose from the local part store?

I also had problems with strong gas smell out in the
trunk whenever I drive with a full tank.  Looks like the
hose cracked at the crimp connecting the gas tank, and
gas wicked up the length of cloth covering and into
the trunk area.

It seems to be a shame the 528e uses rubber hoses
throughout compared to my lowly 84 toyota that
uses metal pipes all gas connections instead...

thanks
aaron
88 528e 74K miles