Re: E28 Brakes Upgrade

David Morales wrote:
>I'm planning on upgrading the brakes on my E28 535i. I've read in the
>M535i interest group (www.m535i.org) that the E32 735i front calipers
>and E34 525i and 535i rear calipers are direct bolt-ons. Does anybody
>know if I'll also need to use the carrier brackets, or will they fit
>right in the existing carriers?

As long as you're at it, use E34 M5/540i rears too - they're ventilated.
You'll need new pads and rotors and wires too, not just the calipers.
Yes, you'll need new carriers.  I got the complete kit from the Ultimate
Garage (http://www.ultimategarage.com) to be sure I didn't miss
anything.  Consider new brake lines too, while you're at it.
I used Earl's, and the stock E28 lines still fit fine.

- --
Bob Sutterfield
'87 E30 325iS http://bmwe30.net #1129
'88 E28 535iS http://m535i.org #154