RE: Seat Covers

Like Brad, I also found www.worlduph.com.   I called them up today. They
make leather and vinyl covers in their facility, and the very helpful lady
say it takes them about 7 days to make a set and ship it out.  A set of
vinyl covers (both front seats) was $400, about $600 with new
pads.  Leather could run up to $900 for a set of covers for the 87 325.   I
don't think the 325 is worth $900, but if things like that bothered me I
wouldn't be on this list.    Cloth covers they get from other
manufacturers, generally the same supplier BMW used - she said if the
dealer doesn't have it she probably doesn't.

So I'm sitting at work today thinking about the seat situation, and feeling
discouraged.   So I decided to give it another shot with one more dealer in
the area.  After lots of typing, the parts guy said there were 6 seat
bottoms in NJ and 2 in CA.   The previous 2 dealers said NLA, but he third
came through and I placed the order.    Then I come home to Alex's
excellent advice....you were right on.  Apparently the first two dealers
were too lazy to look.     Anyway, the dealer was so helpful I just ordered
it from him for the $97.

I recall advice on this list to get the upholstery rings not from the
dealer but from an local upholstery supplier, so I''m going hunting
tomorrow.  Does anyone recall the proper name for these rings?   I'm
referring to the bent pieces of wire that are used to connect the cover to
the spring frame.

Thanks,

Tony.