RE: Seat Covers

Tony Canike [mailto:canike@domain.elided] wrote:

> I recall advice on this list to get the upholstery rings not from the
> dealer but from an local upholstery supplier, so I'm going hunting
> tomorrow.  Does anyone recall the proper name for these rings?   I'm
> referring to the bent pieces of wire that are used to connect
> the cover to the spring frame.

Tony,
Last time I re-upholstered my driver side cushion, I re-used the old wire.
Did I mention that re-upholstering a seat is a very tedious time consuming
process? I ended up installing and driving in a passenger seat for a few
days while my driver seat laid disassembled in the living room. I did not
mind the mass that much, but my wife certainly disagreed.

YMMV,
alex f