RE: Seat Covers

Tony Canike [mailto:canike@domain.elided] wrote:

> > > My '87 325 has cloth seat covers, blue in color with a check
> > > (?) pattern.
> > >
> > > Someone suggested to try BMP for covers (bmpd.com).
> >
> >Why?
> >Are the seat covers worn through?
> >If so order new BMW replacements from the dealer. You will
> find replacements
> >cheaper than most after market seat covers!
>
> Alex is right on every point, including the price, except for the
> fact that the seat cover replacements for 87 325's are no longer
> available from BMW - at least according to two local dealers.

Tony,
The '87 325 came with what, comfort leatherette (or cloth) seats?
If so, I've just placed an order for my second replacement bottom cushion
cloth seat cover.
One of the local dealers also claimed they are NLA, another had it for $97.
I ordered mine mail order from one of the Roundel advertisers for $67.

YMMV,
alex f