From: Tony Canike [mailto:canike@domain.elided]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 4:49 PM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Seat Covers

> > My '87 325 has cloth seat covers, blue in color with a check
> > (?) pattern.
> >
> > Someone suggested to try BMP for covers (bmpd.com).
>
>Why?
>Are the seat covers worn through?
>If so order new BMW replacements from the dealer. You will find
replacements
>cheaper than most after market seat covers!

Alex is right on every point, including the price, except for the fact that
the seat cover replacements for 87 325's are no longer available from BMW -
at least according to two local dealers.

Mine too are worn through.   I took the seat apart, bought a kick-ass
sewing machine (Pfaff, all gear drive, German-made of course), and sewed in
a patch, but I'd like new covers too.  I've also learned the limits of my
sewing ability.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

- --