Clutch job E-30?

Hello everyone,
It looks like I need to replace the throwout bearing on my 89 325i.  I bought
the clutch kit from Bavarian Autosport, and am about ready to get my hands
dirty.  I've read and re-read what the bentley manual has to say about the
job a couple times and I think I've got a pretty good handle on it, but I've
never messed with the underside of a BMW before and would like to know if
anyone has any tips or gotcha's to look out for.
I've never pulled out a transmission without removing it with the engine (I'm
normally an Alfa guy).  Will a rolling floor jack and a small piece of
plywood be enough to remove and install the transmission without too much
difficulty?  How tricky is this part of the job?  How heavy is this trans?
I see from Bentley that "Microlube GL 261" is supposed to be used on the
trans input shaft and clutch disc splines. . . it gives a BMW part number
with it.  Do I need this stuff specifically, or is this just plain old moly
grease, or some other familiar car goop?
I also have the engine rear seal, and trans front seal with the clutch kit.
How difficult is this part?  I haven't found any description on these two
parts yet in Bentley.  But I haven't looked real hard.  Any tricks or tips
here?
Thanks in advance for any help on this,
I'm pretty sure I'll have more questions before I'm done with this one.
Jake Hahn
Bryan, TX
89 325i
87 Alfa Spider