RE: Cleaning and Rust Question.

I've been cleaning under the hood of my E28 with simple green and a
toothbrush.  It's slow going, but it's not too bad.  I don't know when it
was last properly cleaned, because the buildup of grime is pretty hard to
get off, especially in the sheet metal at the front.  After I scrub it, I
hose it down.  I do this in the evening, and the car doesn't get driven
until the next day.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco