E 28 worn camshaft lobes on 1 and 2 cyl.

Hello;  3 years ago I checked the valves and found the oil tube laying
loose in the head, I re-installed it but couldn't believe the torque
sp[ecs in the manual, so I tightened the banjo bolts to 14 inch pounds,
set the valves, and buttoned everything up.  Now I have a loud ticking
coming form the head, when I took the valve cover off, I see that the
cams fro cyl 1 and 2 are rounded off with no lobes on them.  I guess
that I must have tightened the banjo bolts so tight that they pinched
off the oil tube between #3 and #2 cyl.  Now what to do about it;  the
cam from BMW is $500, I can get a good tested M30 engine long block for
$600, or a rebuilt head with cam and all for about $650.  My 535i shows
nearly 400,000 kms on the clock, and is showing it's age with electrical
problems and maybe a transmission (automatic) problem too.  My wife
wants a PT Cruiser, but will be happy with the 535i if I do the work.  I
am a heavy duty Mechanic , working in a logging camp, and frankly I have
enough of mechanic-ing in my work so that I don't really want to do the
job myself, even though I have all the tools and facilities to do the
job.  I have better things to do with my vacation time.  I don't know
anybody here that I can trust with the job, though I haven't researched
that aspect at all yet.
What would you do?

Larry