re: Brake light switch

 >I need help with the procedure on changing the brake light switch on my 95
 >M3. I ordered the bentley manual in hopes that it would shed some light on

This seems to be a fairly common problem on E36 cars.  From what I've found
on the web, the solution is to replace a $10 switch under the dash.  I've
seen complete instructions with pics somewhere on the web but can't find it
now (not in my bookmarks).  I may be having same problem in my 97 M3
because the OBC is showing "brake light fail" when the "check" button is
pressed.  I'll keep looking for the web page showing the procedure.

Kevin Gregg
kevingregg@domain.elided
1997 BMW M3 Estoril Blue luxury coupe, 100% stock
http://members.home.net/kevingregg/m3/
BMW CCA 270751
Columbia, MD, USA