Brake light switch

I need help with the procedure on changing the brake light switch on my 95
M3. I ordered the bentley manual in hopes that it would shed some light on
this but all i saw was one drawn diagram and it did not have any
instructions on conducting this procedure. Is this something that DIY can
do?
Also i ran the fault code test and it came up with 1444(no error codes).
Does this absolutely mean that everything that it checks is absolutely ok? I
have a JC chip in car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the no subject on the first email

Thanks in Advance
Paul