E34 Auxilliary fan problems...still

Hello everyone,

After all the advice I received I decided to try and remove the resistor
from the front of the Auxilliary fan as the evidence point towards this
being the problem.
Anyone have any experience removing this, or the part labelled in Bentlys
as the "Licence Plate Holder"  (Its the bit behind my licence plate holder
on the front bumper) without removing the whole front bumper as the
resistor is placed  behind it (not behind the grill as I first thought).
It appears that the licence plate holder is removable separately but I
could not work out how it comes off.

Thanks again for all the help.

Neil Grundy.