Civility on the list

I, too, place my vote for civility towards all participants in this
list.  I've only been a member for a few months and have owned a BMW for
about that same amount of time.  The dealership comments are interesting
to me, and they're not a waste of bandwidth as far as I'm concerned.
Like many others, I have always gone out of my way, in the past, to
avoid dealerships because the have tended to be rude (or disinterested)
and charge exorbitant prices.  But with this BMW, I have been pleasantly
surprised at the attention I've received at the local dealer.  I have
been treated like royalty even though my car is 14 years old and some of
my purchases have been rather trivial (a grommet for the radio antenna
mast).  I've also learned that the dealer keeps a lot more stuff in
stock than I would have suspected (a lock cylinder rebuild kit, for
example).  Maybe BMW has put all its dealers through a sensitivity
training course.  But the bottom line is that many of us, apparently,
have been pleasantly surprised at the way dealerships are behaving.

Kent Williams
1987 325es