Re: Value of wrecked M3 (was: looking for a very clean E36 M3 where to look???)

This is purely my bias but if I were shopping for an M3 and someone offered
me one that was badly crashed, I would have to see at least a 25% discount
on market value.  In actual fact, I probably would not buy it at all since
you just never know what could be wrong with the car.  On the other hand,
since you crashed it and you know exactly what's broken, how it was fixed
and how well it was fixed, the car is worth much more than to you than my
discounted value.

My advice on a vehicle like this is to keep it and enjoy it and drive it
until it's depreciated to the point where no one cares about crash damage.
Or better yet, strip it right out and make a track car out of it.

If you must sell it, the only way to do it is to sell to a wholesaler or
dealer who may overlook the damage or not care as much about it.

Henry