325es e30 Stuttering on partial throttle Acceleration

I have been having something like this happen, especially when it's wet out.

My theory is that the potentiometer inside the throttle body gets a bit
worn out or dirty at the lower rpms. I bought a used one and carefully
pried off the black plastic cap, to inspect the innards. If any moisture
got inside the corrosion would really cause problems with input to the
Motronic brain.

I haven't yet swapped in the newer part so I can't say if my theory has any
merit.

Of course, fixing any vacuum leaks and following normal tune-up procedures
is important before you go chasing down wild thoeries.

Josh