325es e30 Stuttering on partial throttle Acceleration

All:
I have a 325es and a friend that has the same car, 86 model, and both have
the same problem. Under full throttle the cars accelerate fine, partial
throttle they stutter a little bit and I have not found out why. Replaced a
few vacuum hoses and think it maybe a vacuum leak. I will see about using
the propane tank trick with the engine running and see if the rpm's
increase. Failing that I would like a suggestion as to what to look for.
Thanks
Brad Purvis