95 740i - is $127 too much for new battery? hosed in silver spring?

Did I get hosed?  My battery finally died on my beloved boat, eh uhr, 95
740i with 92,000 miles.  I made it over, barely, to my repair shop and they
said " $116.98 plus $4.25 for the vent kit - $0 for labor for a total of
$127.29."  Seemed like a lot to me.  I went over to Battery Warehouse right
after they did the work  to get 2 new batteries for the key (the repair
place was out) so I could get it re-initialized, and they said they could
have put in the battery for $89.  Could a battery place like this do it
right (so Ii know for next time)?  The BMW repair shop said it was sort of a
tricky job as it had to be specially vented to the outside so fumes, or
something like that, don't build up in the trunk (?!?).  I'm just curious if
I spent too much and should have gone to the battery warehouse, though they
didn't know how to reinitialize the key at the warehouse...

One more thing, I can't believe how great the A/C works in these old cars.
It's 6 years old, and it keeps plugging along, quite cooly.  My 88 911 is
basically undriveable in these high 90's days, as the A/C is for sh*t.  I
have to leave the windows open and sunroof open and just .... bake like a
hot pie in the oven!

Steve Robinson
1995 740i hopping along fine again on a new battery $$$'s later
1995 540i waiting for the engine to start to die a long slow death
1988 911 the truly fun car...put away till cooler weather presides

End of bmw-digest V9 #1845