RE: bad radiator or blown head gasket? cracked head?

Shawn:

I wouldn't be that pessimistic, altough m20 are notorious for cracking the
head at the water passage that's above the camshaft.

It could be a simple blockage in the water passages. Try a good radiator
flush. I used Lubro Moly's a few times with great results. Before using it I
was loosing coolant, as you did. It also was overflowing from the radiator
cap.

The fact the radiator is not heating usually points to a blockage.

Bye,

Paulo

1981 316 1.8