bad radiator or blown head gasket? cracked head?

Hi all

My dad's 87 325is blew a top radiator hose.  I don't really
know if the car overheated first or what happened that lead
up to the hose blowing.  Anyway this is what I've done to this
point, new hose, new thermostat, new coolant reservoir cap.
What it is doing is: While it's warming up if I rev it to
about 2000 rpms the coolant overflows from the (new cap)?  So
I let it go back to the normal idle and waited to see what the
temp needle would do.  It went up to the red (slowly) coolant
still overflowing the coolant reservoir slowly, but not as much
as if I rev it up, in which case it pours out of the cap.  I
put a new fan clutch in a few mo's ago.  Why I think it may be
the radiator is:  It does not get hot in the middle and feels
cool away from where the top & bottom hoses attach?  Before
it overheats/spills over.  Seems maybe the radiator is clogged?
Or, the head gasket is blown and the coolant system is being
pressurized?  The oil looks good, no steam from tail pipe.
Could a crack in the head be causing this?  The head still
has the org hex bolts, but none were broken when I put the new
timing belt on a few mo's ago.  All the hoses do heat up, but
not the radiator.  I did a test on my ix to see what it would
do, and the radiator did heat up as expected.

Thanks for any advice/help/info on this!!

- -Matt