Re: <E30> Glove box won't open :-(

There is a fourth option...

Disconnect the rear of the glovebox from the hinge, lower it to gain access
to the glovebox, and unscrew the latch from the inside.

It worked for me, although it's a PITA to work in the confined space.

In my case, the metal "finger" on the latch broke, so the glovebox handle no
longer engaged the two metal latches that lock into the square hole in the
dash.

I recommend that everyone with the original latch check it and perhaps
replace it before it breaks!

- -rb