RE: E30 4 Cylinder Running Problem

Tom,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that the engine speed "rolls", but
you need to check the throttle position sensor and it's connections.  When
the throttle plates are closed, it provides an indication to the engine
computer to run in 'idle' mode.  When you open the throttle plates, it tells
the engine computer to get out of idle mode and control fuel based on
incoming air, throttle position, and engine speed.  It also provides an
indication of wide open throttle for WOT operation.

The other thing to check is your air flow meter and it's connections, since
it provides the engine computer with a measurement of incoming air.

- -rb

Your fuel pressure regulator is probably fine, and if your fuel pump was
bad, you car wouldn't run at all.