87 325 Driveline noise

Folks -

The old girl has a problem.   While starting out from a stop in 1st, the
shift level (manual) vibrates terribly side to side.   Seems to be torque
and temperature related.   Problem is very minimal in the morning for the
first 10 miles, and it minimizes at low throttle and shakes terrible at
more open throttle.

This also now occurring in 2nd, 3rd, and occasionally 5th.  The problem was
first observed only in 1st gear and is now progressing rapidly.   Have not
seen the vibration in 4th.

At my service tech's (excellent private shop) suggestion, I did a little
test.   With the engine on and the start stopped and in neutral, I hear a
very slight noise when the clutch is engaged (countershaft?) but the noise
is very very faint and can not be heard if there is a little wind
outside.  I honestly can not say if the noise has always been there or not.

Had the clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, all accessible seals,
flex disk, guide tube replaced 30K miles ago.   A month ago my tech said
the flex disk had cracks in it that it should not have after 30K miles and
that the shifter was pretty worn.    Since the clutch job I, on very
infrequent occasions (cold rainy days on interstate under load, believe it
or not) hear a low growl that sounds like drive shaft or differential to my
fallible ears.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tony.

PS New to the list, sorry if this has been a recent topic, I did check the FAQ.

PPS Hi Richard.   Haven't even thought about the RCDE in years.....