Re: 15" Tires on 390mm Wheels...just over 2% too small

No, won't work unless you reshape the area where the tire bead contacts the
wheel.  This is probably in a FAQ somewhere, the TRX wasn't just metric
wheel diameters.  I had to do with a unique wheel/tire bead shape, the TR
standing for "tension reparte", or something like that my French is, well, I
don't know French.  Anyway, the idea was to get a smoother ride from a low
profile tire.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but you can't turn the existing shape down.
You need to change the shape also, and also watch so the rim doesn't become
too thin.  I'm just not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Mark Kittock
'96 328i
BMW CCA

>Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:36:30 -0500
>From: torresk@domain.elided
>Subject: 15" Tires on 390mm Wheels...just over 2% too small
>
>390mm=15.3544" making them 2.37% too large, no?  My question is has anyone
>experimented with turning the TRX wheels down to 15"?  I have access to CNC
>machines that could easily do the job.  Anyone?

End of bmw-digest V9 #1733