Re: What would you do?

I've driven both a 325i and 328i and found a big difference in power.  I
think the $6,000 step up is more than worth it for the newer car and bigger
engine.  Think also about resale.  How long are you planning on keeping it?

Are you trading in?  If not, I'd take a gander at the Auto Trader.  There's
always lots of 97-98 BMWs kicking around.  A lot of 3 year off lease
vehicles.  If you're going to have a mechanic check the car out, you might
as well save the GST and buy private.

My 2 cents.

Henry