What would you do?

  Hey all. In my quest for a BMW I have found two this week that I like. One is
  a 1995 325is with Sport Package and one a 1997 328is with sport package. I
  would like to ask the list's opinion on, if you were in my shoes what would
  you do. First the specifics of both cars.

  1995 BMW 325is, 100k km(60k miles), Green with Tan Leather and sport package,
  5 spd. Seems fully loaded minus the upgraded stereo and CD Changer(not too big of a concern as I used to
  install stereos and have some equipment kicking around). Car looks to be in
  excellent shape and according to the dealer has the service records. They
  don't mind having a third party looking the car over. Even have hoists I could
  use to do it myself or bring someone in the know. I have not had a chance to
  drive it yet unfortunately but assume it drives fine for now. Only thing I am
  don't like about the 325's is the black skirts and bumpers, can these be
  colour matched and look good? I imagine so but thought I would ask. Price:
  $19,900 Canadian. Don't think it is negotiable as it has been dropped in price
  by $2000 already as it has been on the lot for about a month as far as I have
  seen.

  1997 BMW 328is, 100k km(60k miles), Black with Black Leather, Sport Package
  and 5 spd. This has the CD changer and likely the upgraded stereo(didn't pay
  much attention). Car also looks to be in good shape and again according to the
  dealer(different place then above) has records. Also don't mind me taking the
  car to get checked out. I also have not driven this one, only reason being I
  first took a 96 on the same lot and had it checked out by my mechanic and
  found it had been hit pretty hard at some point in the rear and was kind of
  mad the dealer had not mentioned this to me, maybe they didn't know or only
  thought it had been in a fender bender. But today the dealer called to ask if
  I wanted to take the 97 to get looked at. Seem to really want to sell it to
  me, not sure if this is good or bad. Price: $25,900 Canadian. This one *might*
  be negotiable seeing as he called me today.

  I do plan to drive both likely when time permits. I have driven both models
  recently so know how they drive. From looking at them I assume they both will
  drive like new. Given the above information what would you do in my situation?
  Save some money($6000) and go for the older car or is having the newer model
  worth the extra cash. I am not sure as I have only ever owned relatively "old"
  cars. The 328 that I drove(the 96 from above) seemed a little more powerful
  than a 95 325is I drove a while back(no sport package). But as I understand it
  more can be done performance wise to the pre OBD2 cars? As always all opinions
  greatly appreciated.

- --
Best regards,
 Kevin                          mailto:kevinould@domain.elided