Re: ///M6 engine performance increase advise needed

Uh, weight loss program?  The M3's are carrying around 3175 pounds, while
your M6 weighs 3570 pounds, dry.

Or a numerically higher differential.  A 4.10 differential from an E30 M3
can be fitted to the M6 if the side plates and rear cover are changed.

After the basic bolt ons for the M6 - chip, filter, cam gear (of dubious
value), the exhaust system, and an air mass sensor conversion (replaces the
flapper door airflow meter) - you're looking at cams.  Any power increase
beyond these modifications involves forced induction or a displacement
increase.  Since nobody builds a turbocharger or supercharger kit for these
cars (other than a cobbled together system), the displacement increase is
the surest way and most expensive to go.

Unfortunately, automotive progress has bypassed our mighty M cars.  10 years
of development have made run-of-the-mill cars as fast or faster than our
exotic, for 1988, M6's.  If the performance of the E36 M3 has you down,
don't drive the 330i, 540i, Lexus GS400 or Mercedes E430, to name a few.
Cars with 300+ horsepower are almost commonplace.

Jim Moran
'88 M6