Re:E30 (325iC) Crank Pulley

Keith,

I did the 3rd belt on my bimmer at 180K myself and it really wasn't so bad.
I found it quite right to replace the water pump and clean the radiator and
AC condenser. The temp sensor part of ny thermostatic fan was covered with
dark brown goober and just wanted to be cleaned off.

The crank nut is there to hold on the crank timing belt sprocket with the
mother of all death grips.  The pulley/damper/timing device indeed comes of
in two pieces with the removal of 6 bolts. You can just slip the belt off
and on again while looking with great relief at the six-sided, semi-welded
protrusion of the crankshaft, knowing it stays right there....

89 325i   197k on the dial and runnin fine.

;)

Hendo