Uneven Tire Wear - Help!!! (reply)

First off, if your corner hard its not unusual for the outside of the fronts
to wear a bit faster than the rest of the tire.  I've experienced that on
just about every sports car I've owned.

Provided that you are not seeing horrendous wear on the outside, I would
recommend you try a better tire next time around.  Believe it or not, tire
design can play a factor in uneven wear.  Your Firestone's may not have the
structural rigidity required to keep that tire flat on the road, even in
hard cornering conditions.  If the tire loses its rigidity every time you
corner hard, it will really eat into the outside edges.  This is why I
continue to spend too much money on replacement Pilot Sports for my M3.  I
just don't want to deal with tire issues typical of less expensive tires.

In the event you are seeing horrendous wear (like from under inflation), I
suspect you have an issue that would eat right through a set of any tires.

BTW, your tramlining would also likely be reduced significantly if you used
the Pilot Sports.  These tires improved that very same issue on my M3 that
originally came with MXX3's.

Good luck.

Scott '97 M3