AWD BMWs

    I haven't seen any posts yet by owners of the new AWD BMWs.  Would be
interested in reading any comments on these, either good or bad.

    Also, from the engineers amongst us: for someone living in the greater
Washington, D.C., area, where we get only a few snows a year (or none at
all), might it not just as wise to get a set of four Blizzaks and wheels
vice AWD?

    Growing up driving in Boston in the 1950's, where there was a hell of a
lot more snow than there is here, we made do with Detroit iron with rear
wheel drive and snow tires (and the occasional set of chains) and rarely got
stuck.

    Cheers,
    Seeker