E30 325is Springs

My wifes 89 325i is our family autocross class C killer and the car handles
great as an autocross weapon.  Turns in great, wonderful and controlled
rotation etc.  On the street however the car will bottom (hard) at anything
higher than a shadow.
Has anyone played with cutting springs from an IS in stead of using H&R or
Racing Dynamics.  The car currently has Turner H&R Sports (1.5 drop) and the
front bottoms too easily.  I have a pair of racing Dynamics to try, and they
look like they will give .3 to .5 nch greater height????

 I removed part of the internal bumper and it is much better(with the H&R's)
,(it uses the entire stroke of the shock) but I think the car needs another .5
inch of height.
It has Bilstein Sport Inserts in it. However (and this may have been the
problem)  they were inserts for 45 m struts (318).  I just got a set of the
correct inserts for 51 mm struts (325), so my problem may be solved if I just
reassemble with the H&R sports.

I have a pair of stock front springs that are waiting for the ultimate
sacrifice. I am thinking that 1.5  to 1.75 coils cut from the top might equal
about an inch.    Any body been down this road.  By the way we are in
Massachusetts and the roads are not too smoothe.

Thanks

Also thanks for the info on the Fan.  I will be taking one off and examining
it soon.

Phil Kogan
pkogan@domain.elided