Re: E28 '87 535 iS Aux. Fans

Same thing was happening to my '86 535i.  I tried new temp switches in the radiator but still nothing.  Solution:  The
coolant temperature never got hot enough to turn them on.  I replaced the low speed switch with an even lower one (82C)
from BavAuto (1-800-535-2002.)  I put the old low speed switch (91C) in the high speed slot (I had to trim the contacts
with sheet metal snips so the connector would fit.)  Now when the temp needle gets just above half, the low speed fan
DOES come on.  I hope it never gets hot enough for the high speed fan to turn on...

Chris