Re: Radar detector comments

Scott,

Check out:

http://www.speedtrap.com

In MD, police will occasionally use laser along I-95 between Baltimore and
WDC.  MD police almost exclusively use K band radar, with the occasional Ka
band radar in use.  During the day, they also run VASCAR along stretches of
I-95.  Darkness and low clouds are your friends, because airborne VASCAR is
deadly.  MD police also run ground-based VASCAR, and many stretches of
Interstate have white lines across the lanes, marking 1/10th mile intervals.

Your best solution for VASCAR (besides intense observation) is CB radio.
Truckers like to share radar trap info with each other.  You may also be
able to learn about VASCAR and radar traps with a scanner. I've never used
one, so I can't vouch for their effectiveness.

With all this...we STILL speed!   Maybe the speed limits need to be revised!

- -rb