Robert G.'s clutch woes...

Robert G talked about his clutch woes...

My nickel's worth:

Robert,

Your dealer is playing bend-over with you.  There is
NO WAY that a car with that kind of mileage needs a
clutch (and the tires at 20K?!) without it having been
misused somehow.  AND...I'd not be at all surprised
they know it!

I'm not aware of the details of the "Certified
Pre-owned BMW" checklist, but a clutch is certainly
one of the major components of the car.  If it isn't
on the certification list, then the "BMW
Certification" isn't worth the paper it's written on,
and simply a marketing ploy, nothing more.

If a clutch IS on the list, and they missed it, they
should pay.  If a clutch IS on the list, and they knew
it, and didn't tell you, they should be made to pay,
then be shot for the lying, cheating scum they are.

In short, you're being screwed by the dealer.  I'd:
1. demand the name and address of the previous owner,
   find out from them (if possible) what happened to
   the car;
2. Demand to see the Certification Checklist for your
   "Pre-owned, Certified BMW", and review it carefully
   for mention of the clutch or lack thereof;
3. I'd write to the CEO of BMW North America, copying
   EVERY member of the Board of Directors, the State's
   Attorney General's office, BMWCCA, and every major
   BMW magazine.  If your city has (like Chicago), a
   well-known writer who addresses things like this,
   I'd contact them too.  I'd share the story with
   these people to ensure that the message gets out.

Sound extreme?  Not when someone's intentionally
putting it to you!

Michael in Chicago
http://shopping.yahoo.com/