Re: 84 318i overheating?

	  Hello All,

 Here in Toronto Canada, the weather is taking a turn for the worst. It is
getting extremly cold. Moreover, I am having troubles with my BMW. When I
first start off the car is warming up normally however, no heat comes out
of the heater. The car temp. guage rushs up to the red zone, stays at the
red for a short while, and then cools off quickly (drops below the half-way
mark) and the heat begins pouring out out of the heater? After this
procedure the car will not overheat. However, when at a stop light no heat
will come out of the heater?

Is it a faulty thermostat? I did have troubles with my rad. cap? Any
help/leads would be most appreciated!

Regards,
Emilio