Re: Stupid Thief!

Heh, at least yours had someone help it come off the car.  Well,
technically mine did too.  You see after hitting a deer
(http://www.rollanet.org/~centuri/smashedBMW.jpg) I had taken my beloved
and somewhat mangled E30 to a body shop to fix the damage.  However these
guys turned out to be real morons and took forever with the car.  After
picking up again on the !!6th!! try, I finally drove it for a bit.

One day on the interstate I was driving along when this shiny metalic
object suddenly went wizzing by.  At first I thought to myself "Gee, I'm
glad whatever that was didn't hit my car..."

Slowly however, my mind backtracked through the optical information it
gathered while observing this mysterious flying object.  Frame by frame I
realized that there was something about this thing that set it appart from
most common road debris.  Not many random peices of flying metal have the
letters 'B' 'M' and 'W' stamped on them.

Sure enough, when I stopped to check, the roundel was gone, and by then was
probably a bunch of little chrome and plastic splinters being ground into
the pavement.

You better believe I went back to that body shop and raised hell.  This
guys were just about as %$%#$^& stupid as they come.

But 7 months after the accident all is pretty good with the car.  Prancing
(and leaning) around with the best of them after the injury.
http://www.stlbmwclub.com/325front.jpg

Laters.
Rob