E36 Error Code: Brake Light Ckt??

Hello fellow Bimmers,

While driving home from work, my "Check Control" light came on for my 97
328i. On the control panel it's giving me the message:  "Brake: Light
Circuit"  -  "Check Owners Manual". Unfortunately, I do not have the owners
manual so I have no idea what to do. I checked the rear tail lights and they
are working... so I have no idea what could be possibly be wrong. I'm hoping
it's nothing serious... and that I can fix this myself. Please help! Thanks
in advance!

Serge Maillet
97 BMW 328i
email: serge.maillet@domain.elided