more E30 speedo/odo questions

Hello All,

I've recently been working on the replacement of my primary gauge cluster
('87 325iC) and I'm still a bit confused about what's going on behind the
dash.

Specifically, my cluster is basically good but the odo isn't working (a
fairly common prob). Bimmerworld sent me a replacement that turned out
bad (which I'm sure they'll replace). Meanwhile I'm not totally confident
that my troubleshooting is everything it should be.

Bentley says the cluster has three primary harness plugs - mine does:
yellow, blue and white. But mine also has a fourth, green, mounted approx
on the back of the speedo.

In the dash, there are also a pair of loose single wires, blue with
yellow stripe, with small couplers that let them hook into a couple spots
of the green harness plug in the cluster. But I don't have any idea what
they do. When I first pulled the cluster these two wires were not
connected.

The wiring diags I have haven't helped me trace what these two wires do
either.

Relatedly, I'm trying to avoid the appearance of a roll-back on this car,
and it looks like Bimmerworld wants to send me a cluster with many fewer
miles than my last reported mileage. Can somebody tell me how to do a
'roll-forward?'

Thanks all.

Drew