Re: fuel injector cleaners

> Ummm....I believe they ALL are!  Seriously, you want some stuff called
> Techron.  It's about 1/100th the price.

I've been using Techron/Progard periodically over the
past 5-6yrs on 2 of my cars.  It 'seems' to make
a difference, sometimes more than others.  Lately,
it doesn't appear to help my occasional pinging on
heavy acceleration on either car, and I almost
always fill up with Chevron.  [Going to midgrade octane
helps, but that's just masking my problem, if it is
a problem].

QUestion is:  has anyone physically inspected
their pistons/valves before/after treatment?  Can
one see anything by shining a light down into the
sparkplug hole?

I find it hard to believe the pictures I see on
the little cardboard packaging that comes with
each bottle.  The before and after a single treatment
results seem exaggerated.

aaron
88 E28 528e 69K miles